Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And now it's 2010

Well well well, here we are in 2010 and I sometimes stop and just think how bizarre that is...

I have this early childhood memory of being about 7 (and this is a completely true story) and I was arriving for the day at my primary school here. I had just been dropped off and was walking up the path to my classroom and I remember thinking, "Wow, imagine when I'm a teeeeeenager, I'll be sooo old." For some reason, I found the future to be very daunting and 'miles away'.

From there came the "Wow, the turn of not only the century, but the millennium. That is pretty cool to witness. I wonder where I'll be seeing that one in?"

And now, 2010 is upon us, I have traveled so much and have my own business helping others and it's all  been superb so far (I often find myself wondering if it could get ANY better?). The global meltdown appears to have stabilized somewhat (as much as one can hope), there are still travelers making their way to New Zealand's shores and I still love organizing amazing trips for a huge variety of people.

The latest folk to depart left on Sunday having had a few stunning days in Cape Kidnappers, the lovely Treetops Lodge in Rotorua and an end to their relaxing holiday with 3 nights over at The Boatshed on Waiheke Island. I believe they had a great time, took some lovely shots and returned home with the intention of coming back at some point which is always music to my ears - knowing they had such a great time is why I do what I do. I think next time I'll send them south...

The weather here in NZ has just started to turn, with the leaves on those beautifully introduced species of tree starting to boast those golden, red and varying hues of orange with a few other ROYGBIV's thrown in there for good measure. I really do love this time of year while at the same time I find it very hard to give up my standard 4 month attire of shorts and jandals (Japanese Sandals). Bidding summer adieu is never easy but that's the beauty of seasons I guess - they just keep changing and keep arriving. That is also the beauty of international travel and the differing hemispheres - we are all so spoilt if we get the chance to jump from one to the other.

Anyway, Easter is on its way this weekend ensuring we all make the most of those last summer evenings before that clock gets wound back. Then come the cold nights, the open fires, the early snowfalls and those ever soul-satisfying deep powder turns... Actually, now that I blog it, bring winter the hell on!!!

Our winter itineraries are in the making and will be up on the website soon, so be sure to have a look, take bits and pieces from them and we can build you your very own slice of NZ Winter Wonderland. Any questions, fire them our way...

Ciao for now,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment